To convert a weld to a multi-pass Weld, select the option in the context menu.
This section of the dialog configures the parameters global to all passes of the weld.
- Position along weld: In the viewer of the dialog, a cross-section of the weld is displayed at the Position along weld. This parameter configures the position of the cross-section.
- Wire diameter: Configures the diameter of the wire used for welding. This is used to size the elipse displayed in the viewer for each pass. It has no other effect in Verbotics Weld.
- Bead size: The volumetric efficiency of the welding consumable. This is used for the elipse displayed in the viewer for each pass. It has no other effect in Verbotics Weld.
In this section, the actual passes of the Multi-pass operation can be added and removed. The added passes can be configured under Edit selected pass
- Add a pass to the list of additional passes.
- Remove the selected pass from the list of additional passes.
- Move the currently selected pass to a position before the remaining passes.
- Move the currently selected pass to a position after its current position.
- Duplicate the selected pass.
- The list of additional passes that have been added. These will also appear in the Welds widget.
- Checks that all additiona passes will be accessible by the torch nozzle.
Edit selected pass
Allows configuring the properties of the pass that is currently selected in Additional Passes
- Offset defines the offset of the pass, relative to the root pass of the weld.
- Rotation configures the tilt angle of the selected additional pass, relative to the root pass of the weld.
- Start offset and End offset change the position the pass starts and ends at, effectively trimming the root pass.
- Direction allows the reversal of individual passes. Reversing passes in the Weld widget will always reverse all the passes.
- Settings define Weld Settings specific to this pass.
- Status whether this pass is accessible. Used to report the results of Check Accessibility.